Saturday, July 31, 2010

We had fun!

Yesterday Angela and I headed to Universal Studios with our friend Angela and her two teenagers. This is the third time we've been in 10 months and can I just say, I never thought I'd be the kind of person who goes on the same rides over and over, but I loved it!

We did do several new things this time which means I have officially done everything at Universal (ok, I haven't eaten any cotton candy or bought a $11 beer but still...). We went to the Waterworld show and promply got soaked. Yes, we knew we were in the 'Wet Zone' though we specifically did not sit in the 'Soak Zone'. I should have clued in when a show cast member came out before the show and started throwing buckets of water into the audience. It only got worse from there. Nothing like being on the receiving end of a jet ski's quick turn!

Then we decided we'd go on the Jurassic Park ride, which our friend Angela assured us was a water ride but was very calm. Apparently the dinosaurs just spit a little every so often. So off we went. We watched people buying $2 ponchos left and right but we scoffed. Ponchos, whatever! And then we got on the ride.

Yeah, the only part of me dry after that was my butt. Literally. The ride took us down several drops, log ride style, and then ran us through several waterfalls. Literally just poured water on us! But you know what? We laughed and laughed and laughed the whole time. We loved it! It was a nice warm day and who cares if the sunscreen ran off and messed up my shirt? Who cares if my blue wrist band bled all over my shorts? Who cares if my bra filled up with water? WE HAD FUN!

And that's what yesterday was all about, having fun. We all have annual passes (Universal constantly runs deals, buy a day, get a year free) and the parking to get in is cheaper than a movie ticket per person. And we had coupons for free sipper bottles full of pop so it was a great, cheap day! And we topped it off by heading over to the studio tour and checking out the new King Kong show. But most importantly? WE HAD FUN!

Sometimes I think it's so important to remember that life is fun. Why shouldn't it be? A lot of life is hard and scary and sometimes you just want to hide. So why not grab those moments (or those 9 hours in our case) and leave everything else behind and just enjoy something, someone, some place.

No comments: