Saturday, July 30, 2011

Cousin Camp 2011

After three weeks in Michigan, Angela and I headed straight to Texas for Cousin Camp 2011. I think this was the fifth year that we've all been together for at least a week. We stayed with our cousin Jamee, her husband John and their three little ones and we spent a lot of time with our cousin Jori, her husband Neil and her two wee ones! We even folded their cousin Justin into the mix most days!

It was such a fun week of pottery painting, Phineas and Ferb watching, long lingering meals, cooking, baking, crafting, window shopping, movies, miniseries (The Kennedys - fascinating), Wii dancing, swimming, napping, stories, and more. Basically it was just a chance for us all to be together and to make memories to last until we see each other again! And did I mention laughing? I don't think I've ever laughed so much! Between watching Jim Gaffigan's comedy specials with Jamee, John and Angela and trying to keep the tears away while sharing stories with each other it was just a fantastic week. A week I'll keep in my heart and in my soul forever.

Here's to cousin camp 2012! (There's a rumor it might be headed to Michigan! Watch out mitten state!!!!)

1 comment:

mommaof3 said...

Cousin Camp is one of my most favorite weeks in the year!!! Love you so-