Monday, March 09, 2015

Lenten Devotion #3


Written for the Hollywood UMC booklet
 
1 Corinthians 1:22-25
 For God’s foolishness is wiser than human wisdom, and God’s weakness is stronger than human strength.

It’s hard to grasp this idea, that God is bigger than we will ever be. That God is stronger than we will ever be. That God is smarter than we will ever be. And yet? It’s comforting. 

I’m still fortunate to have my parents alive and a part of my life. I still call my mom when I get sick or my dad when I have a question about the furnace. I am smaller, younger than them. I am not smarter. I am not stronger. I will never be. Not in my eyes. And just as I am comforted by my parents, I am comforted by my God. By the fact that He is and always will be, so much more than me. So much better. So much stronger. So much more.

There is nothing God cannot handle. Nothing He cannot figure out. Nothing He cannot do. Nothing He cannot arrange. NOTHING. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. He is so much more than we can even fathom.

There is immense comfort in knowing this. Immense relief as well. We are taken care of by a father who is literally the best at everything. No matter what happens to us, or what we do, God is more. He always will be. And He’s on our side. Even if you can’t call your own parents anymore, you can always call on Him.

Dear Lord,
Help us when we ask and when we don’t. Thank you for your love. You are amazing. Amen. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beth E. Kuhn Good timing for me today.Thanks😍
Mary Anne Kennedy Lyberg Your words inspire
Pat Trent A must share, thank you for your words Sarah.
Shared w/ this: Beautifully written by a friend I've yet to meet.
Olga Rodriguez-Munoz Beautiful words. Thank you.😉
Janet Adams Thank you Sarah for your words, they are so true.