Monday, February 09, 2009

You Oughta Know

Remember how I was going to do one new thing every weekend since I live in the fabulous city of angels? Yeah. I'm still trying. But January was a sucky month. And December was, well, December. But after a couple of cancellations and rearranged dates we finally got a bunch of girls together to go out on Saturday night!

And I can't wait to do it again.

Do you ever agree to do something and then immediately try to think of reasons why you shouldn't? Or can't?

I do.

It'll cost too much. I should be working. I should be writing. I should clean the house. The DVR is getting full. I need to watch a movie for class. I need to go grocery shopping. The house should be cleaned. I need to make some calls. It'll be boring. I won't have any fun. I need to lose 44 pounds first. The drinks are too expensive and I can't drink much anyway.

Yeah. Nothing worked. Especially when I found out my friends needed a ride. So I sucked it up and went. And I'm so glad I did.

We went to Fiesta Cantina. And it was a new thing in itself, I had never been there before. But let me tell you a little more about Fiesta Cantina. They have 2 for 1 drinks during happy hour (even though I was the designated driver I got the Diet Coke hookup for two bucks!). They have really good nachos (which you get for free when the waiter forgets to put your order in, bonus! No, really! Bonus! I was psyched!)

And did I mention that it's a gay bar, in West Hollywood? Yeah. It was great! Seven girls, cheap drinks, a bar full of some fierce gay guys (who can dance like mad!), and awesome music! We're talking old school Madonna, Beyonce, Tiffany!, and of course, Alanis Morissette. My favorite moment of the night was when we were all done with our food (and drinks for the most part) and just hanging out at this ridiculously huge table because the crowd has cleared, and Alanis' song "You Oughta Know" comes on and without missing a single beat we all start screaming the lyrics. It was great! And to make it even better, the bar got quiet and everyone smiled, at us. Too funny. Yeah, you see, they knew at that moment that we were having the best night. Food. Drinks. Friends. Good music. No one worrying about anything else.

Fiesta Cantina won't be a one-stop wonder. We'll be going back. Soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, that was a great night. And we should definately do it again, no matter how much money we don't have. I actually went and downloaded the song on ITunes once I got home. Maybe Ang can get her copy of the calender next time. :)

brickmomma said...

So I totally get the pictures now! That mural was something else ;)