Monday, July 13, 2009

Hmmm...

Remember my post about me getting fed? And how I'd invited one of my Tuesday friends to come to church? Well, he came. It took two weeks of reminders and invites but he showed up yesterday and I was pretty excited. Not because I'd gotten him to come but because he was there. Because he decided he wanted to give church another try.

I have a hard time imagining what it would be like to have never gone to church since I've been going my entire life. But seeing Michael yesterday gave me a little peek into that world. He was nervous and thought we'd tricked him into coming to a Catholic church (our church building does look cathedral-like). But he stayed and he said he was glad he'd come.

More and more I think about my life on a small scale. I think about how my actions affect others, how others actions affect mine. I think about what I can do today, what I can do tomorrow. I think about life and the end and how different things might have been or could be.

It's a lot of thinking but as a writer that's what I spend most of my time doing. I'm in the rewriting stages of a script right now and that involves me spending most of my waking time, whether I'm watching a movie (ooh, that's the point of entry - is that a good idea to copy somehow?) or washing dishes (the opening scene needs to be funnier, that's all, just funnier. Ugh.) or waking up (I think that the wedding should be televised, internationally, yeah, that'd up the stakes). So thinking for me never stops.

What do you think about?

2 comments:

Writer Monkey said...

I think about how the death of a friend made me want to marry my fiance two years early, so we could spend every second of life together instead of continents apart. I also think about how happy I am that the FBI said no to my application years ago. If they had I would have a big career instead of a nice family of 4 (7 if you count the four legged members). It also sent me back to school for my master's. Doing things my way this time. With thought, prayer, and a bit of a queezy tummy.

Never Settle said...

I think what I'm not currently doing that I should be to either be a better mother, move forward in my writing career, generate more income in my current job to support my three children, and what else I can be doing to serve God and His children.