Saturday, May 14, 2011

Still kicking!

Last Saturday my dad, Angela and I got up with the sun and headed out to the Coliseum at USC. Last year my mom walked with Ang and I but this year her knee was bothering her so my dad took her place and we were so glad he got to experience the day with us!

It was another amazing 5K - it was a beautiful cool day, and we enjoyed the morning walking with thousands of others who walked for and with their loved ones. And most important - the event raised millions of dollars to kick cancer's butt! And thanks to all the support from the people on the sign I carried with me (see photo above) Angela, my dad and I raised $3500 for the cause!

So thank you all! We walked so others can continue to do good work to fight this horrible disease. We walked for our family: Marilyn and Grandpa Jim. We walked for all those listed above. We walked and we loved it!

1 comment:

Puggleville said...

Yay! We're doing the Detroit Race for the Cure this upcoming Sat (May 21).