Monday, October 22, 2012

Birthday Month!


I don't know how it started but at some point, birthday weeks sounded like a good idea. A whole week of celebrating, eating out, slacking off, hanging out with friends. And then...inevitably, it turned into birthday month. Chipolte even though we have sandwiches at home? Yes, it's birthday month. Watch a movie instead of clean the house? Yes, it's birthday month. Need an excuse to go out with friends? It's birthday month!

And so it goes...this month is my time! We've been doing little things all along. Birthday pedicures. Birthday massages because we got a coupon and it's birthday month! So naturally Thursday, my actual birthday, had to be a bigger celebration! And it was!

I got to talk to my parents several times (love that!) and hear the stories about my birth. I had lunch at Canter's with my writer group friends and we talked about TV shows and showrunners and ratings and our own ideas and didn't have to worry that anyone else, not in the screenwriting biz, was bored. One friend even made me cookies in her new apartment!!!

Then I hurried home to see our amazing Detroit Tigers beat the Yankees to get to the World Series! (And there was much rejoicing!!!!) An awesome afternoon couldn't have been better planned!

After Angela chased the mail lady down the street to get the package from my mom, I got to open presents(!) and found this among all the lovely things! My mom has been working on it for a while and I LOVE IT!!!! I always wish for snow on my birthday and I got it (even if it was 91 degrees in L.A.)!

Then Angela and I had my favorite meal (meatloaf just like mom makes!) and headed to Hollywood for some bowling. See, we really know how to celebrate!

We continued Friday with a girls' night at The Velvet Margarita where our wonderful friend Thomas works. He arranged reservations for us and a special birthday surprise (hence the candle!). We ran into friends new and old as the night wore on and just had a wonderful time!!!! All in all, a spectacular birthday month! But yet, not over. Because October's not over yet. No big plans left but you never know! Plus, there's still cake in the kitchen!

No comments: