Thursday, December 05, 2013

The One-Sheet and figuring it all out


In five days these four actors pictured above, plus a few others, will be sitting on a stage at the ACME Theater reading my script. Out loud. For an audience of about 100 people. Industry folks. Friends. Loved ones. Anyone we can pull off the street who wants to laugh for about 30 minutes. 

It's all coming together and it's been an amazing learning experience. This week the emails and phone calls have flown back and forth across the city. We've created a one-sheet (see the flyer above) to drum up interest and explain to people what we're doing. We've sent out hundreds of invitations and solidified the cast list. We've worked on staging and figured out the logline and tagline (just little summaries of what the show's about). We've fretted and fritted and all that good stuff. Basically, we're working. All of us.

And it's been exciting, and maybe a little nerve-wracking. But it's good. All so good. We're doing it. We're making it happen. And above all? Next Tuesday night as we hear the words "End of Show" read, we're going to celebrate. Celebrate a year's worth of passion and work and hope. Celebrate collaboration and storytelling and making something. We're going to celebrate. 

And yes, we're going to record it. So if you can't make it next week (and if you're in Los Angeles, I hope you can make it - let me know and I'll save you a seat!) make sure to attend the viewing party my mom is already planning in Michigan over Christmas. There will be cookies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom Knapp
Sarah wrote a screenplay and it will be performed next week. I am so happy and excited for her.

Susie Hanner
My friend is an amazing writer and is making it happen in Hollywood. I am so excited for her and I wish that I could be there next week.

Christina MacDonald Knapp
Cookies really!


Kerri L. Knapp
Please let us know when the Michigan showing will be. I would love to see it.

Anonymous said...

Spent a few minutes catching up on your recent blogs tonight, was time well spent! I'm looking forward to hearing how the reading goes next week! Exciting! - Becky Trepasso

Anonymous said...

Mary Anne Kennedy Lyberg
Once again beautiful meditation.

Angelita Teresa Yay!!!

Anonymous said...

Can we have a Canadian showing too? Would love it!

Puggleville said...

!!!!