Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Travel Update


Whenever I take a peek at my countdown app I am shocked. It seems like just yesterday it was 85 days. And now? Sixty eight days. Just over two months! Until Angela and I go to Paris! I seriously can't believe it!

We're still doing preparations every week. Mostly gathering supplies, shopping, talking ideas. Over spring break we'll spend some time solidifying our daily itinerary and making sure we know just what will happen over there. We've made almost all of our reservations and I'm feeling like we're really getting ready!

We've gotten most of our toiletries around, it's weird - most of the traveling I've done in the past six years has been to Michigan. And all I take there is a few things. But to Europe? We have to take everything! We've done some road tests - I discovered a mini contact solution bottle lasts me just about two weeks. A three-ounce bottle of shampoo does not. (Yes, I did the studies!) We've found inexpensive adapters, we've gathered some new storage bags (giant ziplocks for shoes, packing squares for undies and socks, 99-cent pill boxes for small jewelery).

So we're getting there. We've found Amazon Prime to be our friend. We've decided to stick with brightly colored Nikes in four hues that fit us both and a pair of sandals each. We've tried different hiking socks to figure out which are best. All that's left? Find the perfect jeans/pants. No sweat...

I can't wait. I keep thinking about the pictures I'll take, the journaling I'll do, but most of all -- what I'll see. These places I've imagined and dreamed about almost my whole life. I just can't wait.

Paris. Sixty-eight days. AHHH!

No comments: