Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A dream deferred...

This morning Angela and I sat down at the table with coffee and the paper. She had to go to a Professional Development training downtown and got to leave later than normal so we took advantage (we never make coffee on weekdays). I read our horoscopes out loud and immediately, Angela yelped when I read mine. (See above, from the LA Times today)

Why? you might ask. Well, to put it simply, the pilot is not happening.

There will be no filming this summer in Michigan (well, I'll probably film the grandneighbors incessantly on my iPhone).

That's it. Another Hollywood deal that fell through. There's no huge scandal. And yes, I'm embarrassed and sad. But also, I'm okay. Really, I'm okay.

Everything happened so quickly. And I got excited so I blogged about it all. Because that's what I do. I write. I write to understand, to figure things out, to make sense of the world. I write. And so I did. And then I wish I hadn't. But...then again, no I don't.

I love that I have so many people out there in the world who care about me, support me, and want me to succeed at everything. I am so blessed by the people in my life. Every single one of you. I can't truly express that enough.

I love how excited you are for me. How interested you are in my really quite uneventful life. I love how invested we are in being a part of one another and our worlds. I LOVE THAT.

And so, I wanted to tell you all that the pilot isn't happening. Not now.

I have no idea what's next. Well. That's not true. I do know what's next.

I'm writing two movie scripts back to back. I love them both. I'm having a blast with them. Then I'm going to write a new pilot. Set in the world of women's golf. Um, yep, I'm going to use my Michigan vacation as "research" for that one. FORE!

And I've gotten the old band back together. My writers group, FOS, reconvened on Sunday for the first time in over a year and a half. And it was awesome. It was as if no time had passed at all. I got great notes, got to hang out with my friends, new and old, and just be a writer. That was fabulous.

So again, thank you all for being in my corner. Always. Trust me, every single one of your likes and comments and texts and phone calls lifts me up and keeps me going every single day. I am one lucky, lucky girl.

2 comments:

Puggleville said...

Carpe Diem! :)

Anonymous said...

Angela Knapp
I love you!! In the words of our favorite president, "what's next?"

Betsy Hunsley-Hunt
Perhaps you'll find some humor to write about when you meet a crazy girl and her mother this summer!!