Friday, October 17, 2014

New Life for the Pilot

The other night I sat in a bar just a mile from my home, sipped whiskey with fig-something or other in it (I told the waiter I trusted him implicitly) and listened as the wonderful producing duo I've been working with all year pitched me on what's next for me, my script, and possibly my career.

The takeaway?

My script, the one we've been re-developing since June, isn't dead. Far from it.

I learned why the network we'd been working with didn't buy our pilot (or any of the pilots they'd been developing) and was reassured, again, that it was definitely a situation all about them and not about me or my work. That helped. Well, that and the whiskey.

The producers came armed with a plan. A list of networks and studios to approach. A list of contacts at each. A solid "to do" list. And today? Before noon, the script went out out to several people at the first set of networks.

No, still no guarantees. Still no new news to report. But? Hope. Faith. Belief that eventually hard work will pay off and we'll find our way to the perfect studio to partner with so we can have some fun and make a TV show.

And again, I wait. I write. I keep at it. Because, as the quote above my desk reminds me "Hollywood has high walls but there are gates."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Betsy Hunsley-Hunt
Hmmm... never pictured you as a whiskey drinker

Sarah Knapp
My grandpa raised me right...

ItsDaniela Hook
fingers always crossed for you

Doris Bancroft
Just don't water it down!