Friday, December 12, 2008

I am blown away

I really don't know what happened. Tuesday night I had my third table read. It went well. It was the end of my first quarter of film school and I was supposed to have the first act of my script finished. I did, then some. I had 58 pages finished, 21 of which I took to class for the table read (we're supposed to take 15 pages but I wanted the whole last scene read so I took all I had, and yes, I took crap for it, and no, I didn't care!).

And then on Wednesday I started writing again. I took the comments from the read and revised, rewrote a little and kept going. It's weird since the next deadline for my next table read isn't until January 13th, 2009 and I didn't need to keep going. Usually what that means is I procrastinate. But I didn't. And then today - just over 2 days later, I FINISHED MY SCRIPT!

I know! I can't believe it either. It's 90 pages long which I think is a good draft, that equates to about 90 minutes on screen - an hour and a half. Long enough to enjoy your popcorn, short enough that your butt doesn't fall asleep.

But yeah, DONE. I am really beside myself right now. And I know, I know, it's not perfect. It's not the final draft, it's not anywhere close but for right now, it's done. It's my script, it's done literally THIRTEEN WEEKS EARLY, and I'm pretty darn happy with it. I think my writing has improved tenfold this quarter thanks to my teachers and peers at UCLA and I am just incredibly happy! Really, no idea what else to say except - YAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Girl
I new you could do it, You make me get up each day with a smile on my face. So proud of you. Thank God for computors, Blogs, cell phones you are with me every day. lovemom

brickmomma said...

YAY!!!!!!!!