Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

I am big on anticipation - it's one of my favorite feelings, knowing something is coming up, preparing for it, waiting for it, being excited. I love it. That means Christmas Eve is the big day for me, it holds so much promise. That's what I love Thursdays, they hold so much promise of what could happen on the weekend. Last night I finished reading Randy Pausch's "The Last Lecture" and he talked about being a Tigger or an Eyeore. I think I'm definitely a Tigger. Especially this time of year!

It's been a busy couple of weeks, there were holiday preparations, end of the year preparations (mostly for school and work) and travel preparations. Angela and I made it home Saturday without incident and landed in Detroit to fresh snow. I loved it!!! And we've gotten a lot more snow since I've been here and no matter what anyone else says (even people in my house saying it loudly), I LOVE THE SNOW. It makes it Christmas. It makes it winter. It makes me feel like cooking and baking and sitting and staring at the Christmas tree for hours.

So far we've been to church and caught up with old friends there, been to two grandparents' homes several times and done some wrapping and shopping and more wrapping and baking and of course, the obligatory visit to Urgent Care. It's not a trip home for me without this. One year it was an infected toe nail, another it was a double lung infection, this summer it was poison ivy that got out of control (I'm apparently allergic) and yesterday it was this stupid cold that's been brewing for ten days and only seemed to get worse. So my mom shipped Ang (who's also sick) and I both off to the Urgent Care and I got to see Dr. Ali again ("I'm Dr. Ali - A- L - I." -- so glad he cleared that up for me). Apparently I was sicker than I'd let on because I left with ten days of antibiotics, 10 days of steroids, and Claritin D. And so far, I feel worse. But yeah know, I'm not going to let it dampen my anticipation.

I'm making my cousin Jamee's fabulous pineapple dressing for dinner today, I'm helping get the house ready for Christmas morning, I'm enjoying the decorations and can't wait to see what Santa brings tomorrow!!!

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you have a wonderful holiday however you're celebrating this year and know I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as I celebrate the baby Jesus' birth and a week of family and friends (we get four family Christmases here in Michigan!).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas - Enjoy every moment. We'll be thinking of you tomorrow and might be a bit wistful that we're not there with you. Kick butt in the dice game. Hugs D

brickmomma said...

How was the dressing? Ours was scrumptios!!!! Is that how you spell that?

Love you-

Anonymous said...

Hope your Christmas morning was all that you anticipated. Hope your cold is better too.