Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A third of the way done

It's hard to believe that I'm officially a third of the way done with program at UCLA already. It's gone by so fast and it's been all I'd hoped for and nothing I could have ever imagined. I've also finished over half of my first script and I'm pretty excited about that. Tonight I had my last table read of the quarter and it went so well - lots of new ideas and lots to write! I'm determined to have a lot more done by the time I get back to class the first week of January.

And it was a great night of celebration in addition to our table reads. We brought snacks and there was even wine (a new experience for me - alcohol DURING a class - but it was fun!) and really just enjoyed being with one another. Giving ideas, listening, I had a blast and I can't wait to do it again. For me, with writing being such a solitary activity, and now with my job teaching online (i.e., alone in my house), I'm really enjoying the heck out of the interactions in the classroom.

Other than that things are good. Homeless lunch was busy today - new faces and old and good conversations with new friends. I've also been helping Ang with some grading every day after school, book reports. And can I just say, she has some amazing kids! (To quote one student's report - "And as you know Ms. Knapp, I'm the class comedian, not the class clown!" Priceless.)

And I'm counting down the days till Christmas, my favorite time of the year. I did some online shopping and shipping to Howell tonight (which is why I'm online so late) and did some baking today that got me in the mood. I can't wait to get home and sit by the tree and see the snow and wear my flannel nightgown and be with my family. I can't wait!

No comments: