Sunday, January 11, 2009

Prayers please

UPDATE:
My aunt's surgery went as well as expected, she'll be in the hospital for a while though so we'd still appreciate prayers.

Angela's procedure was smooth sailing (even if everyone in the place seemed to be running late - at 7am). She was out by 9:30 and I got her some hot chocolate and coffee cake before she started to get too drowsy. She's sound asleep now, something they said might happen, either that or insomnia. I am hoping for just the sleepiness, for now, for her sake. I really do appreciate all the prayers from those of you who've been with us today. We are confident that God's hand is on her and will help ease the suffering she lives with on an every day basis.

Monday is going to be busy this week. It's not only the start to another week of school, preparation for the new classes I am going to be teaching for the University of Phoenix, writing, etc., it's also the day when two people in my life will be having surgery.

The first is my Aunt Gloria - my father's sister. She has Multiple Sclerosis and is confined to a wheelchair. We had a great visit on Christmas and through the help of a microphone I was able to have a long conversation with her, the first of any length in a number of years. She's a forty-year old woman who is smart, funny, sweet, caring, Christian, loving, has two beautiful children and yet, is sidelined by this disease that keeps her literally tied in her wheelchair. I hate the disease but have come to understand that God is not done with Gloria and he uses her in amazing ways to bless those around her. And I am one of those lucky people. Monday morning she'll have surgery for a colostomy bag, a surgery that she is nervous about. She's very susceptible to infection and as such will stay in the hospital about a week. I ask for your prayers for her.

Also, tomorrow morning Angela and I have to be at the hospital at seven a.m. for her to have a nerve block. She'll be put under and the procedure hopefully won't take long but the results are what we're praying for mostly. If it works, and if two subsequent procedures work, it could be an end to her migraines. We're trying not to get our hopes up too high but we're optimistic. God does wonderful and amazing things every day.

Won't you spend a few minutes of your Monday praying with me, for these two special people?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have been and will continue to be praying for Angela as well as you. Keep us updated.
Julia

brickmomma said...

thanks for the update!!