Monday, June 08, 2009

The need to blog...

I have this nagging need to blog but I don't know exactly what to write about. I finished classes at UCLA last week and turned in my screenplay. And came home and instantly thought of a much better climax/ending for the thing. Figures. But I have a conference with my professor about it tomorrow so I'll talk it over with him and then move onto the next draft. The life of the writer...

My parents got into town on Thursday and it's been a whirlwind of sightseeing, looking at pictures of their trip (they drove from Michigan through Yellowstone, stopped at Mount Rushmore, Salt Lake City, and Las Vegas), and just living life as a family unit again.

Other than that, I'd like to report that my neck is better. I went to the chiropractor three times last week and finally felt some relief, no more jaw pain thank the Lord. And after much loving and caring pestering from my friend Pauley, I am going to see an acupuncturist for the first time tomorrow! I'll report back on that. I'm not scared really, more curious and hopeful that it'll be a positive experience.

Work is going much better this semester, I'm in a groove and keeping on top of grading and my students seem good. I'm still looking for other employment but who in Hollywood and the country isn't, right? And I'm supposed to start a new screenplay today. Hmmm....maybe today will be one of those "invisible labor" days Victor Hugo referred to.

Oh, I also finished my internship with Gold Circle Films on Thursday! It was a great experience, I worked for some great people, and it was an awesome last day. I wrote coverage on one script and since the new interns were starting that day as I was finishing, our boss decided to screen one of the company's upcoming releases for us -- "The Fourth Kind". I'd read the script when I first started working there, it's about alien abductions, and thought it was interesting. But the movie was great. I'm not kidding, and I don't like alien movies. But it was intense, suspenseful, and really well done. And I thought it was very cool that I got to see it before it opened! (They're releasing it sometime this fall most likely.)

No comments: