Saturday, February 05, 2011

Still fighting


This is a shot of the crowd last year at the EIF/Revlon Run/Walk for Women. I'm in there somewhere. I'm in there with Angela, with my mom, with a team of men and women from the middle school Angela works at. And it was an amazing day. A day I've recorded here. My mom, Angela and I raised $1185 last year for our walk. Our family and friends were amazing. They reached out when money is tight, when there are hundreds and thousands of other causes begging for support. They reached out. And I am humbled and grateful and filled with love because of it.

But guess what? Cancer has not been cured. Cancer hasn't gone away. We still have to fight just as my grandfather and my second mother have to (see last year's post on why I fight here). We still have to fight hard to kick cancer's butt. And we will.

This year Angela and I are once again doing the 5K. We've set a fundraising goal of $2000, $1000 each. I think we can reach that goal. I think we can help fight the fight. I think we can do it because two of the people I love most in the world fight the fight every single day.

Every single dollar counts. Every single prayer counts. Last year I walked with a piece of paper in my hands:
On that piece of paper was a list of all the people I walked for. I walked for my family and yours. I walked for loved ones still with us and loved ones gone to heaven. I walked for you.

So THANK YOU IN ADVANCE. Thank you for helping, for fighting, for loving, for sharing that love. Thank you. There's not much else I can say. But thank you. And I'll see you at the finish line.

You can donate by clicking here.

No comments: