Friday, February 25, 2011

Things I love right now...in no particular order

  1. Proudly wearing my UCLA sweatshirt on rainy L.A. days.
  2. Long talks with my parents on the phone. It makes it seem like they're not so far away.
  3. Texting. Again, it makes people seem not so far away.
  4. Friends who respond immediately to emails.
  5. Screenwriting podcasts that make working out seem like work so I don't feel guilty that it's 3pm and I'm outside walking around Hancock Park.
  6. White vinegar. The coffee maker was dying a slow death. Or so I thought. Then my dad said pour some vinegar through it and Voila! It's alive again!
  7. Steve Martin's autobiography "Born Standing Up" -- fascinating!
  8. My Kindle.
  9. Lavender tea.
  10. That my third graders have pet mealworms on their desks. They're studying them!
  11. Teaching fractions and making the kids laugh.
  12. That my DVR is full of some of my favorite TV shows and I have all night to watch them.
  13. That I have lived different places and done different things and have lots of stories to tell.
  14. Playing Scrabble online with friends.
  15. That I got a buy one get one free coupon for Chipolte that I get to use tomorrow.
  16. Gnomes.
What do you love right now?

2 comments:

Angela said...

you are in soooo much trouble for putting gnomes last!!!!!

Writer Monkey said...

Right now I love...

1. Running as fast as I can for as long as I can. (I know, it sounds stupid, but it relieves the stress of deployments)

2. That my veggie garden is starting to come up.

3. That I get Friday mornings all to myself.

4. Books that have nothing to do with school.

5. Skype on Sundays with my husband.

6. My latest GEOInt project.

7. My church family.

8. My family.

9. Gelato.

10. Flip flops.