Wednesday, November 23, 2011

So incredibly blessed

I am thankful for the fall season. For crunchy leaves, even in Los Angeles, for early darkness (even though I complain about it the first few days), for cooler temperatures and for the holidays. This year I have so much to be thankful for. I'm alive. I'm a generally happy person. I have a roof over my head, I have a turkey in the fridge, I am doing work I love, I have family and friends who support and love me more than I can ever fully realize or appreciate. So much to be grateful for.

Am I a little sad that I won't be having a traditional Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow with a big group of people who laugh and cry and argue lovingly? Yes. Of course I am. Am I a little excited that Angela and I are going to see a double feature at the movies tomorrow? Yes. I am. I baked a pie and roasted a turkey today. We had a lovely dinner that left us satisfied and not stuffed. There is turkey to eat for the rest of the week and then soup to be made for the week after. It's been a crazy year, a long few months, a busy week so we're looking forward to a quiet long weekend. We both get to be away from school for a few days, away from the stresses of work and we get to eat leftovers. We get to float away into the world of vampires and werewolves and be transported into a land of puppets and songs. We are thankful.

But most of all I am thankful that I get to travel home to Michigan in December. Every year my parents gift us with the plane tickets to fly home at Christmas and that's what gets me through Thanksgiving, knowing that my family and I will be together again soon. I'm so thankful for that gift, for the feeling of anticipation of something great that's to come, for the joy to be had.

Tomorrow will be a good day. We'll talk to friends and family. We'll relax and take a walk. We'll eat some turkey and watch some movies. We'll remember that because of where we live and what we have we are so blessed. So incredibly blessed.

1 comment:

mommaof3 said...

And I am thankful for you!!!