Tuesday, May 07, 2013

A Celebration

Sonora as "Mother" with her stage kids
Last night Angela and I headed north into Hollywood to a party at our friend Sonora's house. We took wine and a gift, we mingled with people I've met once before or not at all, and we spent a lot of time grazing the lovely spread of snacks laid out before us. We talked with a mutual friend we don't see socially enough and we had a great evening.

The reason for a Monday night party?

Sonora, our host (also the producer I'm working with), was in last night's episode of the CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother.

I can't imagine what it must be like for an actor to see her or himself up there on the screen, knowing all that went into that day or that week or that year but I can imagine it must be pretty amazing. Not unlike knowing what it's like to hold a bound copy of a script I've written. And we were all pretty excited for her.

It was a lovely night, a night of happiness and love and laughter and something we don't do enough of in this town or this world - celebration. As Angela and I drove home last night I commented how great it was to mark this occasion with friends and family. How great it was to celebrate the little things in life and the big. How we have to be grateful for all that we have and every chance we get.

I'm so happy for Sonora, so happy that I got to hang out with my friends new and old, and so happy that I have an outline done for our sitcom that I'll get to show Sonora at coffee in a few hours! Yay for celebrating!

No comments: