Friday, May 11, 2007

Finally feeling right

Today was a payday. It always adds a little something to the day when there's an envelope in your mailbox telling you that your efforts aren't for financial naught. And then tonight when I did some budgeting and paid some bills something awesome happened. There's enough money. Not extra like I'd hoped but there's enough for this week and next.
Last month I paid off my car loan - after 5 long years of $405.94 payments the 23rd of each month. I'd managed to sneak a little extra in these past few months to make sure I got it paid off in time (darn those credit union skip-a-payment offers! So good at the time, so bad at the end of the loan!). And then an amazing thing happened this month, just like the financial guru who's class I took last summer and who's books I poured over said would happen, I was able to apply a large sum (relatively) to my lowest balance credit card! And get just a little closer to paying off the pretty large debt I've accumulated in my lifetime. By my estimates I'll have it paid off Sept/Oct and that leaves just three more cards to go. I am excited!
My secret? I applied the car payment to the credit card just as I would have had to pay the car payment. So I really don't miss the money. And another exciting financial happening - I was able to buy my plane ticket for this summer's vacation with cash! Woohoo!
Speaking of summer vacation - we have five weeks of school left and I might just make it! Then Ang and I fly home to Michigan on Friday, June 15 where we'll reside until Tuesday, July 10 on which day we'll fly to Texas where we'll spend almost a week with the Bricks! Yay for summer vacations!!!!
And on another exciting note - I am just about finished with my online grad class. I posted the final and the group project and I just have to post to the discussion boards this weekend and write a final learning summary once the assignment is posted! Then I'll have a whole week off until the next three week course starts. Three grad credits in three weeks is insane and I would not recommend it to anyone:-) But of course, where there's a will, there's a way!

2 comments:

brickmomma said...

Feels so good feeling good again! Do you know that song? One of my faves from Robert Earl Keen.

kathycfg said...

Sarah,

We should get together while you're in Michigan. Take care.

Kathryn