Thursday, May 17, 2007

Little Things

It's the little things that get me through the day, those things that make me smile or think or happy to be doing what I do, with the people I do it with. Some examples:
- In X period today (the study hall-like class before lunch) I was reading from our novel Heat to my class that included some kids from another teacher's room who was out sick today. When I finished the chapter which marked the beginning of the story's climax, one kid started applauding and others joined in. I loved that - for the book and for me!
- One of my quiet kids was fiesty today, making funny little asides and being cute. And admitted he felt fiesty. That was great.
- A student bringing in his Scholastic book order and he'd marked the box "gift to teacher" which meant I got $5.95 toward a book purchase! Awesome!
- I actually got to do tutoring during afterschool tutoring today, not just babysitting kids in detention. And we had fun! There were 4 kids, Ang and I, and we laughed a lot, learned math, and worked on poetry terms.
- I had my HR meeting this morning and the HR director I am not a huge fan of was late so I only had to meet with my vice-principal and the HR assistant. It was great!!!
- My kids made awesome gains in writing as of their year-end "My First Year in Middle School" essay - yay!!!
- I made an appointment with my massage therapist this morning, who is now charging 10 dollars less per session!
- One of my girls came back from suspension and ran up all excited to see me and gave me a big hug!
- My friend Shannon got a new job!
- I got into the dentist on very short notice to get a filling replaced tomorrow, and I don't have to take time off work (I am farming my kids out during X period and then missing lunch).
- Tomorrow is Friday. Thank goodness!

1 comment:

brickmomma said...

What a great list....I love feeling fiesty! Looks like we will try and get to MI at the end of July when Jori has some time off work.....