Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Quite the surprise!




Monday I headed to lunch and was surprised to find these gorgeous flowers waiting for me in the front office!
They were a gift from my parents and Angela - the card read, "You made it!" And I did. I survived year one as a seventh grade teacher. Well, almost. We have six more days of school but we're almost done. Grades have been figured and put in the computer. The walls are being cleared off, we've finished our class novel and are wrapping up our year-end writing projects. Next week we have assemblies and the Extravaganza and a day of goodbyes.
You know, sometimes it really is the little things that get us through the day. Monday morning I was furious about discipline issues and how things were going that were out of my hands. Then I got these flowers and as I carried them into my fifth hour, my kids asked what they were for and I explained and they clapped and that just made the day all better. And today we had the all district staff celebration after work and it was Hawaiian theme and this morning one of the dear teachers in our building, Mrs. Prickett (along with her ever-present husband, Mr. Prickett) brought me a beautiful lei. It matched my outfit and I immediately put it on. I told my kids I had it on because I am special and I wore it all day and you know what, I did feel special!

1 comment:

brickmomma said...

You are special. And smart. Creative. Determined. Thoughtful. Kind. Good. Friendly. Helpful. Optimistic. And loved.