Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sleepless Thoughts

It's almost midnight and I have to get up in six hours to get ready for my last week of my first year of seventh grade. But it's one of those nights where my mind is going a hundred different ways a hundred miles per hour and I can't calm it down. I tried daydreaming, I tried counting, I tried praying, I tried corpse pose from yoga. Nothing works. I've been lying there for fifty-five minutes wide awake so I decided to get up.
They say (I have no idea who they is by the way) if you aren't asleep in twenty minutes you should get up and do something. So that's what I am doing. I got up.
I will try lying down again in a few minutes. This is when I start to panic, when I think that I have to get up in five hours and fifty-five minutes, or five hours and forty-five mintues. So I'll try not to do that. I know, I am weird. No need to remind me!
So that's it, not much I know. But here are some of the things running through my mind, in no particular order:
  • Should I get the Marie Antoinette book I want from itunes or should I check the used bookstore for it or wait and see if in a day or two I still want to read 510 pages on the queen of France who was beheaded.
  • What am I going to do with my kids tomorrow.
  • Should I pack dress sandals for my trip home or should I just wear flip flops the whole time.
  • I need to start looking for apartments in LA if I want to move there.
  • Who's going to take us to the airport Friday and what should I take to eat on the plane.
  • Next Monday I am going to start a new exercise routine, yoga and walking/running.
  • Why don't my new shorts fit after one wash?
  • I wonder when the next season of House will come out on DVD.
  • I need to write some letters.
  • Where will I meet Betsy in Chicago for lunch?
  • The next time I stay in Santa Monica at the hostel I should make sure to leave my car parked until Sunday so parking is free (again, I am so weird!).
  • Can I finish writing my book in a year?
  • Have my parents read the part of the book I sent them?
  • Will the change in my Netflix address really work so the movies go to Michigan this week?
  • How cool is it that David Chase ended The Sopranos just like I thought he would (with nothing tied up!).
  • When I move I am getting a bigger bed.
  • I wonder what color quilt I should have Aunt Marie make for my birthday.
  • Should I get a digital camera or stick with my beloved 35mm?
  • I need to pack a toothbrush.

And the list goes on and on. I think I'll try bed again. UGH!

5 comments:

brickmomma said...

Love your new look! And I klove the list!! I think I will start the exercise routine with you! I am all in favor of bigger beds, too, by the way!

The World through Angel's Eyes said...

Oh I hope you got a good night's sleep. By the way, I love the new look for your blog. You have inspired me to give mine a facelift.

Laura said...

Sometimes you just gotta put your random thoughts out there. Those are some of my favorite blogs to write, and to read!

Hope to see you when you're in Meeechigan!!

Anonymous said...

don't fret about lunch. i'm sure we'll be too busy gabbing to really think about what we're digesting! can't wait to see you!!!
:) B

brickmomma said...

so, is hould have made my own list last night. 3 lg diet dr. peppers, 1 lg iced coffee and 2 glasses of iced tea for dinner = too much caffeine careening thru my body last night!