Monday, October 22, 2007

Appeasement

I've started getting the inquiring comments about when a new blog is coming (okay, okay, one email but it made me feel guilty!) so here it is, albeit a very short one.

I am home from my 14 day, 2300+ mile vacation. I survived, had a great time, turned 30 and am back at work. I am also tired, still unpacking, mentally a little weird, tired, and oh, did I mention tired? I have tons of vacation blogs planned in my mind, really I do, and photos but they'll have to wait a day or two more. But here's a little update to keep you posted:

I had an awesome 30th birthday on Thursday. Thank you all who called, emailed, left me messages, sent packages and flowers, and spent the day with me. I am still celebrating, I think I will celebrate until the end of October so feel free to keep the birthday fun coming! More on my celebrations in a later blog...

Today we got our held mail and it was piles and piles, mostly junk. But hidden inside were two very interesting envelopes. The first was my official GRE results. I got a 5.5 out of 6 on the analytical writing section which puts me in the top 12% of test takers so that ROCKS! And then the second envelope: a grand jury summons. I've been called to participate on a grand jury in Phoenix (yes, that Phoenix, 3 hours from my house) 7 days a month for 6 months! I know - the insanity! I replied tonight on their form that this would cause an extreme hardship so here's hopin' and prayin' that the jury gods feel pity for me. Please, please, please.

So that's all for tonight folks. I need to write some postcards (so what if I'm already home, they're still fun!) and then go to bed. I really want to watch TV (so much good stuff to catch up on plus I got the whole series of Arrested Development for my birthday AND we just got the latest DVDs of Entourage from Netflix - ooh, shout out to the Office and their HILARIOUS nod to Netflix recently plus the great ep where Pam and Jim spend the night at Dwight's farm/not B&B. It's genius folks, download it now!) but I think I must sleep first. More to come soon, I promise!!!!

2 comments:

brickmomma said...

thanks love! i will call later!!

The World through Angel's Eyes said...

welcome home! and by the way-YOU ROCK! Your GRE score is awesome!!!!
hope to cath up soon. until then, get some rest and enjoy becoming acclimated (sp?) with your home again. love you.