Thursday, October 04, 2007

Until I return...

The past week has been a whirlwind. We ended our first quarter at school and have had two days of parent teacher conferences, with day three ending tomorrow at 2:30pm. These wear me out. I'm anxious sitting there, waiting to talk to parents, wondering if they'll argue or agree or just nod silently. And the noise, 40-some teachers in a room, talking to parents and kids, it's quite a buzz so I can't focus at all. I managed only a bit of paperwork and certainly no grading. But I have seen over 50 parents which is good considering I only have 90 kids.

And then there's getting ready to go on vacation. We leave tomorrow at 2:31pm for Vegas. My parents are flying in tomorrow afternoon and we'll all meet up and spend the night at the Golden Nugget downtown Vegas. Then Saturday we'll drive to the Grand Canyon and spend a few days there. On Monday we'll head back to the big city and spend the week at Bally's. We'll hit a few shows, so far Blue Man Group and Cirque de Soliel's O. On Saturday my parents fly home and Susie flies in to Vegas. We head up 8 hours to San Francisco and stay at the Fisherman's Wharf hostel until Wednesday when we'll travel back and spend two nights in Vegas at the Bellagio where we'll celebrate my big 3-0 birthday in style!

And yes, I'm ready for a vacation. In a week that's seen me take the GRE, prepare report cards and handle conferences while still having school every day, not to mention dealing with crisis after crisis at work and home (work - calling a mother to tell her that her son is telling kids he plans to commit suicide, not a highlight of my week & home - dealing with crappy insurance and mail-order prescription companies with Angela and the oh-so-slow USPS, ugh!), I am ready to leave it all behind and escape. So escape we will. I'll blog when I return...

1 comment:

brickmomma said...

alright........so you're back! and you're thiry......i feel a blog comin' on!