Monday, November 12, 2007

I can see clearly now...



I could before but you know, it's a catchy tune. Yep, these folks, are my new glasses! I didn't need new glasses, my prescription didn't change but I do have vision insurance which pays for about 75% of new glasses so I thought what the heck! Who knows where I'll be next year when it comes time for an eye exam so I'll get them now!

It's been a good long-weekend. Today has been really good. Ang, my ever-trusty assistant, helped me all morning work on getting the paperwork ready for two more grad school applications - USC (University of Southern California, a private school) and UT Austin (University of Texas - where a certain Texas family is really pushing for!). It's a lot of filling out online forms, the printing them, then copying them and mailing them tomorrow - when the post is actually open! (Watch Ang's blog for a rant about the lovely post office!) But right now I am really happy. Here's why:

It's something about the air. We have all of our windows open, something we haven't been able to do since oh, February. It's in the 70s and perfect. And it feels like fall. It feels like those days when the leaves just start to crunch (though we don't have any leaves - so thank you for the picture mom!) and the tree frogs sing. It's a night I don't want to end. I really can't explain, it's perfect. It's just a feeling. It's like knowing something really great is going to happen soon and you just can't wait.

And yes, fall is here and that means the holidays. And I am really excited to be going home to Michigan soon. I mean really excited. Like I am already thinking about what to pack and how I can't wait to curl up on the couch (yes, I hate our futon here) and look at the Christmas tree. Yesterday I bought myself a pre-Christmas present, pj bottoms with snowmen on them:-) I can't wait to go home and wear them (it's too warm here for long pants). So yeah, it's just perfect right now. Anticipation - my favorite word. My favorite feeling. Only a few more weeks...

3 comments:

Angela said...

I can't believe you used the picture with the blue in it after all the shots I took!

Laura said...

Those are the greatest days, aren't they? When it smells good outside and there's a lot to look forward to!

Have a safe trip back to the cold ... I mean, Michigan!

brickmomma said...

i, too, love anticipation. much more than the actual events. it is why i often feel sad on christmas eve. i don't want the season to end. only this year i am a little sad that it is already here. time is moving too fast.

just think, this time next year you will be in the lone star state as an official rockstar!

hook 'em horns.