Sunday, November 11, 2007

Travelogue 4 - The Final Installment!

On Wednesday, October 17th we began my 30th birthday celebration a little early by checking in to the Bellagio! Can I just say, money well spent? A true luxury experience! I felt like a princess. A princess not allowed to touch anything from the sensor-controlled minibar but a princess nonetheless.

We headed out to Harrah's to check out Toby Keith's "I Love This Bar" which turned out to be a great hangout. I had the best chicken and dumpling soup. There was a live band playing, Lefty Lucy, and I even got asked to dance. Granted the guy was about 75 and a half foot shorter than me but it was fun anyway:-) And I was the only one of us who was brave enough to accept his offer. We headed back toward the Bellagio near midnight and it worked out perfectly, I got to watch a fountain show as I turned 30! Very cool!

On Thursday, my actual birthday, the girls let me sleep in and then gave me presents! I got an awesome frame from Susie that lists 30 Reasons Why I am a Superstar. Yes, I teared up! And I had a whole bag of rockin' gifts from Ang!

We ate lunch poolside and went swimming (mostly hot tubbing as it was only in the 70s) and then headed to Fashion Show where we browsed and Ang became a proud owner of a Macbook! Then it was back to change and we headed off to New York New York.

We had the best dinner here, at Il Fornio, Italian food and Italian margaritas. We had such fun that the gentlemen next to us struck up a conversation and bought us a second round of drinks! Then we played a few slots, headed to MGM (shots and slots), and Ang and I stopped off at Paris where we visited our favorites - the piano bar and the bakery. We topped the night off with one last fountain show and then headed back to our hotel where I discovered computer blackjack and free drinks just for betting a dollar! Hooray for Vegas.

Friday Ang and I were lazy while Susie had to head home. We stayed in bed until 9:30 and then ate gelato for breakfast before headed out of town. We got home just before 7, completely exhilarated and exhausted. What a trip!!!!!

1 comment:

The World through Angel's Eyes said...

Reading about your trip, actually your whole blog, is like reading a really good book. I am always very excited to see what the next chapter holds. I'm so glad that you had such a great time celebrating your 30th!! Would you like to return to Vegas with me on my 30th? It's two years away, but that will give my unemployed self some time to save ;)! Who knows, maybe you'll be in tight with ZB by then and he'll treat us!!!