Wednesday, February 13, 2008

100 long days

That's how long the Writer's Strike lasted. Although in ways, it seems like it's been going on a lot longer. I've mostly forgotten what good broadcast television looked like (thank goodness Lost brought us out of that reality TV hell that had been festering). But it's over!

This LA Times article offers a good summation of what came from the agreement. It's not the perfect resolution but a lot of ground was made and the contract, which will be voted on at the end of the month, will last three years. That's good news for me because within the next three years I'll hopefully be a lot closer to being a member of the Guild.

The good news for all of you is that many of your favorite TV characters will grace your screens with new dialogue come April and May and certainly next fall. Some of the bigger shows (i.e., CSI, Grey's, etc.) will be back sooner but the most important part is they'll be back. And Hollywood is back to work today.

Wish I could say the same for me. I'm down and out again with this darn cold, and according to the Physician's Assistant at PrimeCare, I have an upper respiratory infection. All I got was some decongestent and nose spray (that burned when I used it, nice). Here's hoping a few days of rest will have me back on my feet for Saturday - Vegas baby!

1 comment:

The World through Angel's Eyes said...

I'm sending up prayers for you to get well soon. Being sick is just not any fun at all. Especially when you should be getting ready to tear up Vegas. Glad to hear the writers' strike is over-for many, many reasons. I'm at the beginning of midterms and hoping to write you more soon. Thought I would have the chance this week, but my professors had other plans for me ;)! Miss you, love you, feel better soon!