Saturday, March 01, 2008

My first film school response...

"Dear Sarah, We have concluded our review of applications for the Master of Fine Arts in Screenwriting program at The University of Texas at Austin. We regret that we are unable to offer you admission for Fall 2008. The applicants for our program were exceptionally competitive this year, resulting in many well-qualified applicants being turned away. Our decisions are the result of an extensive review of all the applications and supporting materials, assessing qualifications as well as fit for our program. We wish you well in your future pursuits. Thank you again for your interest in our program."

This is the email I got yesterday, almost a month ahead of schedule. There were transcript issues, them not getting them six months ago but I placed calls and emails and who knows whatever came of all that. I never actually got to talk to a real person. Also, they had a lot of hoops to jump through and by golly, I jumped, well I thought. But in the end, they didn't want me. Simple as that.

I was sad when I read the email though when I saw it in my box, I guessed what is was. I figure if I get an acceptance it'll come via post. But who knows. Austin had been forth on my list of four schools but it still would have been nice to have been wanted by them.

Three more schools to go, here's hoping I don't get three more letters like this one...

1 comment:

The World through Angel's Eyes said...

God has amazing ways of opening windows when he has shut a door. I know the feeling of sadness when a "no thank you" comes along, but just remember they were your 4th choice. God is working it all out. Love you!