Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Last Friday

Tomorrow's it. The last Friday of school. The last time I will give a spelling test (until of course I get roped into visiting Ang's classroom or something). The last time I will hear, have a good weekend Ms. Knapp (of course, one of my precious darlings says this every day, and then says, oh right! it's not Friday - gotta love seventh graders). The last time I'll go to Lute's downtown after school with everyone (even Shannon!) and hang out and complain about my job.

But things are good. I'm having fun talking with the kids while they work on projects. And I'm packing up my room and organizing which I love. And today, during my team meeting, my team praised me for all the work I did for them this year which was a big surprise. We've had a long, rough year and to hear from colleagues that they appreciate you is a very cool thing.

Tomorrow I have my phone interview, and I'm sending out applications for more jobs in LA. I'm looking forward to next Friday when the only thing on my agenda is a 10am massage and the first day of summer vacation.

No comments: