Monday, June 02, 2008

Monday musings

Are you ever really tired but just don't want to waste time sleeping? That's how I am feeling right now. I slept a long time Saturday night - Sunday morning and then Sunday went by in a blur and now it's Monday night and I'm exhausted but I just want to do stuff. It was a good weekend and all but still, I want to be busy, I want to be proactive. And I want to write. But life keeps getting in the way.

Some life stuff of late:
- The Red Wings lost in 2nd overtime tonight to the Penguins. So we'll go through this again Wednesday and I'll save my t-shirt until Thursday. Come on Detroit, we want another Cup!

- We went to the semi-annual sale at Bath & Body Works today and got a bunch of soap and stuff. At regular price it range up at $99.60. We paid $33.50. Rock on sales!

- There are eight days left of school and it's getting harder to be patient and keep the kids quiet and busy. But we're managing. And I'm trying to enjoy my time with them and my co-workers.

- I've seen my share of movies lately. They include: "What Happens in Vegas" which was funnier than I expected. I went because I just love Ashton Kutcher. But it was totally worth the five bucks. Then we saw "Sex and the City" yesterday. SO SO SO GOOD. Honestly one of the best movies I've seen in a long, long time. I laughed, cried, and loved seeing some old friends make the switch from small to big screen really well. And can I just say, I was one of the youngest people in the theater by about 30 years and I thought that was pretty cool because everyone seemed to like the movie. Recent Netflix include: "American Gangster" which started on a confusing note but picked up and was a great story, and not nearly as violent as an average episode of "The Sopranos". Also, "The Savages," an interesting character-driven piece about dealing with an aging parent. I've decided I really like Phillip Seymour Hoffman and he did well in this flick.

- And last but not least, I have my first L.A. interview on Friday. It's with a charter school as a Professional Development Coordinator and the principal said she was really excited by my resume. I'm really excited about the prospect of another paycheck after June 20th, my last from Crane. So here's hoping!

- Okay, I am going to bed now. I am tired and want to write but chose the excitement of ice hockey instead and now I must get my beauty sleep!!!!

3 comments:

Justin said...

Awesome! What exactly does a Professional Development Coordinator do?

The World through Angel's Eyes said...

Please let me know how the interview goes. I'm so excited for you and ditto on the question above.
So funny that you should mention the crowd for Sex and the City being older. It was when I saw it too. But, we all LOVED it. It was so funny because you could hear people crying, there was clapping, laughing. It was great! I need to own that movie!!

brickmomma said...

Yay for an interview!!!

I saw a trailer for Savages and really want to see it, but wonder if it is a good choice given my current state of events.

Love you!