Sunday, February 16, 2014

30 Day Photography Challenge - Day 17

Technology
I honestly don't know what I'd do without technology. I'm rarely without my iPhone, or tiny red iPod that clips to my waistband or my laptop or Angela's iPad. I am constantly amazed at what I can find out or do with technology. I can order clothes, wallets (black travel ones yesterday), dish soap (a case coming Wednesday), a car (Uber is awesome), food, just about anything. I can talk with friends and family continents away. I can watch almost any movie or TV show or listen to any song. I can create screenplays, film movies, manipulate photographs, it's truly amazing.

I can also plan a trip abroad like I spent the afternoon doing today. So far we've booked our hotels for London and Paris online, booked our Chunnel tickets and started researching all of our sightseeing adventures. We have interactive maps, we figured out it's a 10 minute walk from our hotel to the nearest train station and how to rent a bicycle in Giverny all from our laptop today. 

Yesterday we went to a bookstore and looked through the map section. We figured out which maps we wanted and then realized it would be over $30. So we decided to go home and reevaluate what we already had and could find online. We soon discovered all 3 of our travel books had pull out maps including metro maps. So I copied what we had and we started coloring our routes. We've already planned our day trips to Versailles, Giverny, and Sacre Coeur. 


Add that to the info we've figured out about all of our hotels and the museums and it's been a pretty successful planning day, all using technology, and some good old fashioned maps. Maps I get great joy in writing all over! Highlighting and circling and imagining how much fun it'll be to walk the streets. Only a few more months...

No comments: