Monday, October 16, 2006

Me and my car

And so the saga continues.... (I'll post about the L.A. trip in the next post)
This morning I ran into Angela's room victorious, and announced, "My car and I do not have Munchausen Syndrome!"
But let me back up a bit.
Sunday morning we left L.A. and were almost to San Diego when - guess what! - the service engine soon light came on, again. So I hemmed and hawed and decided not to leave my car in San Diego after leaving it last week and the Saturn guys telling me they could find nothing wrong with it.
So we kept driving. We got about 20 minutes outside of San Diego when - boom! - the cruise control goes out. So of course I am frustrated and just a little angry and we decide to turn around and leave the car in San Diego with a note that says please fix it or give me an appraisal. I won't take a broken car 3 hours home again.
Then I got a call this morning, and surprise! My car is really broken. They found some "codes" in the computer and apparently the transmission case is not working and needs to be half-replaced. Something about torque and who knows what else. The only part I concentrated on was Jesus, the service guy, telling me that the part is under warranty from Saturn. Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray!
So I still have to get it this week but maybe we'll make a day of it and go to the beach again or Fashion Valley and window shop:-) I just love semi-happy endings.

No comments: