Sunday, October 08, 2006

Vacation!!!!

It's official, we made it to intercession. What that means for us teachers is that we don't go back to school for 2 whole weeks. I am mighty excited. We started the break off right yesterday, Susie came into town from Michigan and we met Shannon and Pedro in Algodones for lunch and some shopping. It was fun to have some who speaks Spainish there to haggle for us. (But we did have to walk away a lot, Pedro is pretty particular and knows when they're robbing us blind.)
In a few minutes we are off to San Diego. Today I think we're going to be beach bums and walk along the coast and just hang. Tomorrow we'll go to the Zoo and maybe hit the outlet mall on the way back. That is if my car doesn't cost me an arm and a leg. I am going to drive it to San Diego and leave it at the Saturn dealership so say a prayer for it. I am hoping we don't have to put her down:-)
In other news - woohoo Tigers. It's been a long time coming since '84. Oh, I also survived my first parent/teacher conferences. I had less than 3o parents come and of course none of the ones I really needed to or wanted to see about behavior issues. Go figure.
Ok - we're heading to Southern California;-) Aren't you jealous. It's 80 degrees and perfect here!

2 comments:

brickmomma said...

Did you take lots of pictures???? Yay for the Tigers!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the sun - it's supposed to snow here this weekend.
d