Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Fiasco = First Class

So we're back in Yuma. After a month and a day away, Ang and I made it back to our apartment Monday night at 9pm. We were supposed to be in at 5:30 but then life happened. It's funny now but was a bit anxiety-inducing at the time.

We had a 2:40 flight out of Houston Monday afternoon but one thing led to another and there was a long stop at Hobby Lobby with three kiddos, then the puppies got in the house at Nonnie's (Jamee's mother-in-law) and one proceeded to pee on me and then the fast food was not fast at all even if we did eat in the car and we got to the airport in time to get on the plane but our luggage could not get on so we opted to stick with it in Houston. After some fancy maneuvering (I cut in line, well technically I just got in the first class line, then angered the customer service rep but then made her feel sorry for me) I scored us tickets on the next flight for only $100 which included an upgrade to FIRST CLASS!

It was not as glamorous as the movies make it out to be but it was nice to have extra room. There are only two people per row instead of three and being in the front of the plane is quieter. Furthermore we got to choose our snacks from a basket containing Cape Cod potato chips, biscotti, and a cashew and honey sesame stick mix (our choice) and enjoy refills on our sodas. Also, we got to use the front bathroom. This was nice since usually I never go to the bathroom on a plane as it's such an ordeal. But we were able to maneuver much more easily with the extra room and get up to move a bit!

All in all, I was just happy we made it home the day we were supposed to. I hadn't wanted to leave Texas and my family but I really didn't want to spend the night in the Bush International Airport!

1 comment:

brickmomma said...

SO sorry about the delays!!! But it sounds like it all turned out ok. I, too, am glad you didn't have to spend the night in the airport! I am sure that isn't glamorous at all!

See, when you live in Austin you will only have to drive 2 hours to get home! Yay for that!