Thursday, January 24, 2008

Circles

I feel a bit like I've just been going in circles lately. Definately at spin class, which is the good kind of circles but in other areas. At work - I have been doing some paperwork, the team leader part of my job, and I feel as if I just go in circles. Fill out this, no this, now do this, no do this instead. And I feel like it's circles here too - I am just holding, treading water waiting for something else to happen.

But I think it's okay too. I've been reading my bible a lot lately and relearning some great lessons. And I'm trying new tactics at work - tough love with my kids that so far is getting the results I want (BETTER BEHAVIOR!). I need to write more but it seems like by the time I go to work at 6:30 (and try as I might I just can't get up any earlier) then get home after 3, go to the gym, come home, eat, read my bible, catch up on Newsweek or do one scrapbook page, boom it's done - the day is over! Ah well, hopefully the circles are leading me somewhere. (As I write this I feel it circling too - maybe I need sleep!).

And yet, I am looking forward. I've started collecting boxes at work. I'm getting my kids ready for their big AIMS test. I'm thinking ahead to the move and school and a job and what it would be like to work on an amazing television show (although, as Ang reminds me Arrested Development was canceled a few years ago so I can't work there even though I really really want to).

So I guess the good thing is circles can break, they can join, they can become circle eights, squares, triangles, all sorts of things. And that's a very good thing.

2 comments:

brickmomma said...

Wish you could circle over here.... I miss you!

We are doing circles as well, only ours lead us to the dr's office :(

Though last night I circled the track about 6 times and that added up to 2 miles.....maybe yours are adding up!

Anonymous said...

Circles sound good to me after 5 hours in the bathroom with Gram the other day. I hope your circles lead you where your heart desires.