Friday, January 04, 2008

It's another year and I'm still in Yuma

Yep, the ball dropped in NYC, and another year dawned. I wonder how people celebrated before that sparkly ball because that's always our go to for New Year's Eve. It was a good year but I for one am mighty excited about what's to come this year.

Today I'm starting the new healthy me project. I've been struggling to be a Weight Watcher for the past month (basically I haven't been, I know this and while I am not proud of it I enjoyed all the cookies, the good food, the chocolates Santa left me, etc. and I realize that no one had a gun to my head and made me eat any of it) so I am getting back on the horse. It's not a diet I have to remind myself (and reading WW Magazine on the plane helped yesterday - they have full page ads saying Diets are mean!) but a healthy way to live. After a while of eating poorly and not moving nearly enough (I did enjoy some quality couch + book time) I start to feel physically gross. So here we go - I have a journal I'll write in (food and all!) and see how it goes. I am glad a lot of you are on this healthy lifestyle journey with me too. I need all the help I can get!

Also, as we flew into Yuma yesterday I got excited thinking about how by this time next year I'll be somewhere else doing something else (hopefully done with one semester of film school - fingers crossed everyone!) and that's pretty cool. Yuma's not a horrible place but gosh, after being in Michigan and Chicago - it doesn't hold a candle. And it would be completely unbearable if it weren't for such awesome friends so I am blessed in that way. Oh and the fact that I have the most amazing massage therapist ever!

I've been up for a couple of hours already though it's only 8:30 here in Yuma. I went to bed around 9:30 last night - I think this thing they call jet lag has set in. But the good news is that my spin class isn't until 4:30 so I don't have to hurry to go anywhere!

I wish you all the best and remember - only 6 more months to come visit me in Yuma (because I know you are all dying too!).

1 comment:

brickmomma said...

Happy New Year!

This time next year we will be hanging at your cool apartment in Austin, drinking margaritas and wearing shorts!

I love you~