Monday, January 07, 2008

His sly smile

Isn't it crazy how you can be going along, having a normal boring day and all of a sudden - WHAM! a brick hits you in the gut. That happened this afternoon as I was laying in bed, watching tv, surfing the internet and got an email that a friend I had in college, while attending the Wesley Foundation, had died. Twenty-eight years old and he died Saturday night. He'd been on MySpace the day before. I'm still trying to find out what happened, emails have been flying back and forth across the country but it doesn't matter in the end.

What matters is that this funny guy I once hung out with on a pretty regular basis is gone. He had gone to CMU to be a youth pastor. While we were all at WMU we'd all been very active at Wesley and I remember most of all his sly smile and how he liked to talk movies. I also remember a pretty vicious game of volleyball:-) I remember his little sister visiting once.

I guess that's good, to carry those memories with me. I am saddened by this news and more so by what the world has lost. But I know that God has another child by His side now. Tonight I pray for his family and for my friends.

1 comment:

brickmomma said...

Oh my......life is so uncertain!

I am sorry.

I love you. And I love your new look!