Sunday, May 04, 2008

UCLA here I come!

It's official folks, I'm going to UCLA in the fall.

I'm pretty excited. Nervous, sure, but excited. Way more excited than scared. At least I think so! Friday night when I got home from jury duty there it was: a large envelope. Yes, I'd already been rejected by UCLA once but that was the MFA program. Apparently I'd been accepted into their professional screenwriting program. All I had to do was sign the paperwork and send them a deposit. (I was glad not to have to resend all my supporting materials.)

So that's it, I'm enrolled. I think it's going to be a great opportunity. It's a year-long program, three quarters - fall, winter, and spring - from September to June. It's two nights a week, there's a lecture class and then a small group-type of class. At the end I'll get a certificate (there's even a ceremony) and walk away with two completed feature-length screenplays which is exactly what I want and need to break into this business.

So here we go folks, Ang is working on finding a school somewhere near UCLA (which is close to Beverly Hills if that helps you to locate it on the map) and I've been looking for apartments. Wish me luck!!!

6 comments:

Rick said...

Congratulations! I will have to visit California sometime to see everyone that has been moving out there.

brickmomma said...

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Can't wait to shop Rdoe Drive with you girls!!

kathycfg said...

They better give ya a certificate - it's the least they can do right? Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Yippee Yahoo and Whoohoo from Toronto!!! We're doing the happy dance for you in the kitchen. Congratulations - you're gonna be awesome! So make sure you've got visitor space - we're all planning on coming. C and D and Otto too

Justin said...

Freaking Amazing Sarah Knapp! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sarah!