Friday, July 18, 2008

El Fuego!

On fire! Yep, that's right! I am a job applying machine. This morning I "helped" Angela apply for six teaching/nanny/daycare jobs. Since lunch I've applied for six of my own jobs. They range from assistant to blog writer (I really want this one!!!) to mail room staff to public speaker for a Fashion Institute to a curriculum writer (okay, seriously, I WANT THIS ONE!!! AT LEAST AN INTERVIEW FOR IT!!!).

So I haven't been a total slacker today. Sometimes without a "job" to go to or pressing issues at hand I can feel rather slackerish, lazy even. But not today. I got up, made the bed, showered and dressed, then started working. No writing yet, hopefully tonight or tomorrow but I feel good about the direction I'm heading.

This morning we decided to renew our apartment lease by two weeks, yeah, I know, big deal. But it was, it kinda freaks me out. I mean I'm supposed to be leaving not staying. But it'll work out. This means we won't be homeless at least not until Angela's birthday or so. It also means we have a little time to think, plan, and prepare.

And yeah, I am going to order my computer today. Back to Best Buy. I'm going to try and not lose any other body parts while I'm there. I've been working on Ang's MacBook all day and the ease at which it works has left me needing a better machine. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

brickmomma said...

Good luck~