Thursday, July 24, 2008

Patience DOES pay off!

I'm trying not to be too excited. Because generally when I get really excited about something, it fails to live up to that expectation. I find this a lot as an adult. I'm really excited about a lesson I'm going to teach to my students and bam, no one gets it. I'm really excited for a new movie to come out and bam, it's just okay. I'm really excited for someone to open the gift I bought them and bam, they barely acknowledge it (I SWEAR TO ALL OF YOU, this applies to no one who's reading this blog! PROMISE!). So I'm just going to be a little excited and a little practical and a little dreamy right now. Just a little of all three.

Yesterday we were exercising, doing one of those great four-mile walking tapes. This one snuck in some "boosted walking" which is jogging. They shouldn't lie, it's jogging. I was really working up a sweat because for some reason I had a ton of energy and I had my iPod cranked up and was jumping in circles and dancing and kicking and punching and enjoying moving around. (And yes, the blinds were closed!) Then Ang's phone rings. I look at it and it's a 310 area code and I scream, "STOP!" It's an unknown Los Angeles number. So all out of breath she picks up and it's a principal! YES! She has an interview (which I am sure she'll tell you more about in her very own blog!).

So I move into practical mode, I try to find us a room to stay in since her interview is at 10am Monday morning and it's almost a five hour drive there. Lo and behold, things are all booked up. Well not the suite at the Beverly Wilshire (yes, I know it's the Pretty Woman hotel and yes, I know it costs A LOT of money to stay there). At the hostel we could get beds, in the dorms, in different rooms. Ang was not impressed by this idea. So I found a Holiday Inn Express that had a vacancy and booked it for Saturday and Sunday night. By this point we've decided to make a weekend of it since the gas is the same price anyway.

And since we're going to be there Saturday I went ahead and ordered tickets to a garage band musical called The Next Big Thing. When Ang and I were at Western we met this band, Breech, who's lead singer is a friend of a friend. They played at a birthday party we attended and then we heard them a couple other times when they were in the state. I've stayed on their mailing list since then and knew that they were stationed in LA. Come to find out the lead singer, Missy, is in the musical and wrote the songs for the play. The mailing list came with a coupon and now Ang and I are going to see a show in Hollywood Saturday at eight o'clock. I'm just a little excited.

The other good news is that the school Ang's interview is with is like two miles from UCLA which fits perfectly with our apartment searching! So we're going to scope out some potential habitats and the university while we're there. We're also thinking of finding a church to check out Sunday morning. Okay, I'm just a little more excited now.

But not too excited. I'm still going to be patient. It's just a weekend scouting trip. It's her first interview. God's plan is God's plan. I can't worry (Justin, and Jesus, say so). But I can plan. And smile.

2 comments:

Justin said...

LA bound! Please take pictures and put them on your blog. (The "please" is there only because I'm a polite person. Really, this is a direct order. Put pictures up or else).

:D

brickmomma said...

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

{by the way, I totally get the present thing, sometimes my heart drops.....}

I can't wait to see the pictures oreder by my most friendly cousin!!