Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"Strap on the floation device, jump feet first into the sand and run!"

That was the advice of our flight attendant yesterday on the flight from Phoenix to Yuma. It had been a long day of traveling already and even though our planes were on time, even early, it was a long day. It helped a lot that this flight attendant had a sense of humor. She even asked if we all knew what a seat belt was. It was great.

So we're back in Hell, excuse me, Yuma. I think it's really worse when you leave and come back, you've forgotten what it was like. It's 115 today in the sun. I went out after a shower, to pick up some boxes from a friend, and sweat was literally running down my face before I made it to the car. I got burned three times on my seat belt and I can't have the arms down on the seat of the car. Yes, I'm complaining, yes, I moved here, and yes, I am crabby. Hellish heats and poison ivy do not mix. In fact, they sort of hate each other - yes, a turf war on my skin. "Isn't that just kick-you-in-the-crotch, spit-on-your-neck fantastic?" (Yes, I stole that Friends' Rachel and yes, that's how I feel today.)

So anyway, we're back. We've yet to unpack, we've made several meals of honey nut cheerios, pizza, ice cream and pop. We've watched a little TV (Burn Notice started last week - love it! and In Plain Sight is still funny!), I've finished another book (Janet Evanovich's Three to Get Deadly), I snuck off and bought Ang a birthday present, I had a massage, and I have jet lag. I have no idea what time it really is or if I should eat or sleep so I just am.

So yeah, that's all there is right now. I have a lot of other blogs in my head, including one on golf I've been meaning to write for a while now so hopefully soon I'll get them down. I also need to find a job and an apartment and move to Los Angeles. All in the next 15 days. I think I'd better just jump feet first into the sand and run right now.

No comments: