Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Hope and a Future

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
- Jeremiah 29:11

This is my verse, the one I go to every time I need reassurance or a boost or just a quick reminder. And lately I've needed it a bit more than usual.

Here's the lowdown:
- Neither Angela nor I have a job right now. Yes, technically I still am being paid until July 30th which is great. But after that, nothing. I've applied for eleven jobs so far and I have another to apply for this morning. But still.

- I don't have a place to live come July 31st. There are some beautiful apartments in Culver City, Santa Monica, even the Valley but I'm pretty sure I need a steady income to secure a lease. At least a lease in a neighborhood I want a lease in.

- I am officially a member of the UCLA professional screenwriting program. I get a reminder of this emailed to me every day in the form of a Listserve. It's pretty cool - there are job opportunities and agents who want to represent writers and alumni updates. Lots of alums are writing and being paid to write right now. Yeah, I'm excited.

- We're in Michigan until the 15th and my parents start their vacation today at 5pm. We're planning lots of fun for next week, and lots of downtime.

DESPITE everything that's going on or not going on in my life right now, here's something I do know. God has plans for me, BIG PLANS. I know He wants me to do awesome things and will help me to do these things. I know this because He's given me hope and a future. And baby, I'm going to ride that hope all the way! Future here I come!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah - You are famous to me already! Your courage and faith are inspiring me ...especially today. You are RIGHT, life is to LIVE not too wait for "the" moment ...which is what exactly?

So I am going to roll with it because I think you and me ...we are on a roll...even if it doesn't look like that to anyone else.
XXOO E.

brickmomma said...

Preach it, sista!!

I am so proud of you, your courage and youy faith. You WILL be rewarded, sooner or later. I will pray for the sooner!

I love you~

Justin said...

Pursuing what you love! Go for it!