Thursday, September 06, 2012

Ten on Thursday

Ten things I'm thankful for today (in no particular order)...
  1. That it's just the tiniest bit cooler out. (Yes, 89 is cooler for L.A. this time of year.) Without air conditioning it's been VERY WARM in our house/my office. VERY WARM. (AKA ridiculously, horrendously, unimaginably hot.) 
  2. The black, white and orange cat that sleeps behind the BBQ in our backyard. She climbs the fence (which is almost 6 foot tall) and settles into the dirt patch right there between the grill and the garage. We put a bowl of water out for her Monday because it was so stinking hot and today she finally drank from it! And she came back tonight to rest again. She'll have a name soon enough. 
  3. New socks and new shoes. My mom bought me the socks Up North this summer, they're for runners, wool, supposed to prevent blisters. I won the shoes at the Revlon 5K we did this spring and they just arrived in the mail last week. So far it's been 6 days in a row of walking and not a single blister. This is truly a miracle for me! 
  4. Angela having a wonderful group of students and getting to slowly make her classroom her own. It's not permanent but it's hers for a while. 
  5. My Community season 3 DVDs. We laugh and laugh every night watching them.
  6. My writing support system. I love having a group of friends who talk me through things, post silly things for me, and encourage me every day. 
  7. Weight Watchers ice cream bars.
  8. Fresh fruit. This week: kiwis, peaches and bananas.
  9. Doctors and chemo and faith. Having all three in this life is essential to keeping the people I love with me. 
  10. Music. Every day it's something different with me it seems. This week I had a whole day of Childish Gambino (rap - I LOVE HIM!), another of Joshua Kadison (I know every note of every song in my soul), and yet another of dance music that kept me tapping my feet while I graded thesis statements for hours (in love with MIA's song Bad Girls).

No comments: