Monday, September 18, 2006

Almost a no go

I did it. I drug my butt out of bed this morning and exercised. I had plenty of excuses this morning as to why I shouldn't: I woke up at 5:25am, 5 minutes before my alarm, so I decided I deserved to sleep in. Then I thought about the nightmare I'd had and decided I deserved to stay in bed instead, then I thought about writing instead, I eventually did get up, and decided to check my email, more procrastination. Then as I walked downstairs, my knee hurt and I thought - maybe I shouldn't exercise because it might do permanent damage. But I finally ran out of excuses and walked 2 miles and did weights and did 25 crunches and a few sit-ups. And guess what?
My knee felt better, I felt better, and tonight I wasn't tired. Yeah so everything they say about exercise...
It's true.
Just do it. :-)

2 comments:

The World through Angel's Eyes said...

Good for you! I know this argument well. I have it every morning. I'm proud of you for getting out there. It's not easy and it sure feels good to know that you've accomplished it! Keep it up!

brickmomma said...

Way to go! I ran twice this week and am aimingto get to the gym this morning....we hope for best! love you!!