Monday, September 04, 2006

A good kind of labor

I did nothing of note this weekend. I read Newsweeks and Entertainment Weeklies that had been piling up. I watched more than my fair share of 24 episodes (we have finished season 3! and it was so amazing, so terrifying!!!). I wrote quite a bit. I did laundry. I made a crustless pumpkin pie. I went grocery shopping. I hung up a copper sun Angela and I got for the front porch of our apartment. I cleaned my closet and my room. I sent some letters and made some phone calls. I balanced my checkbook (with the help of my mom! thank goodness for scanners and IM and online banking). I slept in (it's so sad that 8:30 is now sleeping in to me).
Yep, pretty much it. No ocean, no trips to exotic places or even barbeques. We had taco salad and guacamole for lunch. I'm making a tuna casserole for dinner so we can eat leftovers all week. We're back to watching season one of Grey's Anatomy (funny stuff!) as we've exhausted this week's supply of Netflix DVDs.
And I'm happy! I feel rested and relaxed and comfortable in my world again. After over 3 months of transition I feel settled. And that's all I can ask for.
P.S. - If you're one of my novel readers, I'm almost finished with Patricia's story so I'll be in contact and can send more pages soon!!!!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Well it's about time she finishes, doesn't she know we are on a time schedule to get rich!!

brickmomma said...

send it on!!

The World through Angel's Eyes said...

Umm...please send it ASAP! I'm needing a break from reality and I have not other place that I want to go but inside YOUR story!