Saturday, September 23, 2006

Inspiration

This week has been a good writing week. It has also been a good television week. I believe the two are connected. I am inspired by what I see on the small screen and what I read on writer's blogs and in my screenwriting magazines, etc. So I have been writing. Big stuff happened to Patricia (the character who's story I'm finishing up) this week and she and I are figuring out what comes next. I'll keep you posted! (No, I am not crazy but I truly believe in Virginia Woolf's quote as it pertains to writing: "Arrange whatever pieces come your way." When they come, I arrange them. And add my own twist of course.
As for TV, goodness it was a good week. A light week which is good. Here's my rundown so far:
Monday was Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip which I have already raved about here.
Tuesday was NCIS which we just finished. Donald Bellisario (of Jag fame) does such a great job mixing the military/federal agent stories with humor and personal stuff that it's just fun to watch. And who doesn't love Mark Harmon, I mean come on! Haven't seen the Unit or Smith yet but will give reviews when I do:-) I know you are all waiting with baited breath.
Then there was Thursday night. The night that has belonged to CSI for years. But now belongs to our crew at Seattle Grace. Rock on Grey's Anatomy! What an awesome, anticipated premiere. Such well developed characters, great laughs and then tears when Cristina told Burke to never die. So good. So good.
The Office was hilarious. Proof, once again, that it deserved it's Emmy win. How great was Michael and that kiss and I love how we feel for these characters, especially Jim. So so good. Haven't watched anything else yet but taped Earl and ER and CSI so we'll watch those soon. But we did peep Six Degrees after Grey's and can I just say - JJ Abrahms should get his name taken off the promos. It was no better than this summer's ill-fated Windfall which had at least an interesting lottery-winners premise. It was boring and did not keep my attention at all. Let's hope next week's Ugly Betty before Grey's can be something brighter.
Okay - enough of the fictional world. Time to meet our friend Shannon's parents and then head to my massage and run some errands. And then write some more!

1 comment:

brickmomma said...

hey! hope you are doing good. sounds like it! we have dsl now, wahoooooooo