Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Just when I thought today couldn't get any better...

OMG! (This is the standard opening line for most of my girls papers - OMG is the best in 7th grade slang)
It started off as a pretty good day (for a day that included work and 3 meetings and walking 4 miles). I woke up to the glorious news that we, the Democrats, had taken control of the House back. I was elated. Nancy Pelosi and her list of things to do in her first 100 hours. I can't wait! Christmas in November. It begins to make up for 2004. Especially if something happens to the president and vice president - hello President Pelosi!
And then I went to lunch, where we have rather spirited conversations even though we're all on the same "side". And there I learned that Rumsfeld had resigned! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
So that was great. And then when I got home we learned that the Democrats had also taken the Senate! Could I be any happier?
So I turned off the political stuff and watched this week's episode of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. The show that is well written, well acted, funny, and interesting I'd like to reiterate. So that was a nice capstone to the evening - even though it's been rumored to be on the chopping block at NBC.
BUT WAIT -
I retire to my bedroom, click on some of my favorite blogs and newsites and low and behold, I have received yet one more gift today - on what I thought would be a random Wednesday in November.
Studio 60 has been picked up for a FULL SEASON!
Life is good. Things are returning to normal in the world. And I am happy.
So I am going to sleep:-)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh yes, and what was even better than all that news was, my boss got re-elected, I didn't have to work Election Day, AND I got that Friday off too for Veterans Day so I worked a total of three days that week.

And the Rummy and Studio 60 news didn't hurt either!