Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Short Short

I did it! I just entered one of Patricia's chapters into a contest. It was Writer's Digests' Short Short Story Contest (1500 words or less) and of course the deadline is Dec. 1st. And that is in 52 minutes. It's true what "they" say, if it weren't for the last minute, nothing would ever get done.
I feel excited by this! I know it's probably not a big deal and it's $12 down the drain but still - you never know. (Well, I'll know in February).
Okay - it's off to bed. The elves were busy tonight wrapping Christmas baskets of cookies and candy for work tomorrow. Being Dec. 1st we figured we should kick the gift giving off. Plus, Ang is leaving us very soon.
In other news -
1. I am still feeling sickly. Very sickly. And my students fear one of my lungs will go careening through the air every time I attempt a cough. It was a great day!
2. I love the writing on Grey's Anatomy. Love, love, love it. Can I please, oh please, have a writing job for Christmas? Pretty please Santa?!!?!
3. It was 32 degrees this morning and silly me - without a proper winter coat. That's right. When I moved to the south side of the sun I was told not to bring anything heavier than an Old Navy sweatshirt. "It never gets cool here." Well bull! It gets downright cold. Brrrr!!! So I wore my lined suit with a long sleeved shirt underneath and my trench coat buttoned up to the top. And I was still cold!

1 comment:

Gracie said...

Umm...don't want to hear it. Lets talk about 19 degrees and snow....lots and lots of snow!